Thursday, July 26, 2012

a podcast and date recap and some all caps kind of sentences

Hey there peeps! (ew, did I really  just say that? oh well. I'm leaving it.) I haven't blogged in a while. My bad. Or probably Cody's bad. Why am I the only one who blogs, anyway? Is it because I'm a girl? How sexist are we?

Here is the most recent podcast... as of like, a week ago. (sorry sorry sorry! But honestly, if you "like" our facebook page, you don't have to worry about waiting such a long time for them! Just throwing that out there!) Click here --> PODCAST!!!!!! (that was for you, grandma and grandpa. p.s. if you click the BOYS TALK ABOUT FLIRTING you can get to the other one. sorry for the no arrow confusion... arrows from now on!)

The latest podcast featured a guest podcaster who was none other than WEDNESDAY NIGHT GIRL herself! Brook Adkins! Basically, she comes on the show and refutes everything Cody has ever said about her, which I thought was pretty awesome. I want you guys to listen to it, so I'm only going to tell you my favorite part, and then I'm going to talk about me! (ha!) Remember that story where Cody, under his breath, asked Brooke out, and she kept talking and didn't acknowledge it at all? We decided that she probably didn't hear him, and gave her the benefit of the doubt. Only it turns out that she DID hear him, and ignored him because she was in the middle of a sentence, and she thinks "what are you doing this weekend" is the worst question in the world. But she did want him to try to ask her out again... so it's too bad he gave up on her and she got an old man boyfriend. Oh, the horror!

In other news, all about me, and my dating life that is cool, would you like to hear a date recap? Everyone say "yes"!

The gist of the thing is this - picnic, chocolate covered strawberries, bridge, bench, and sunset + random fireworks on a mountain. oh, and then The Dark Knight Rises because... duh.

Samples of Conversations on a Date Recap

Alex: I was trying to think of food that you have on picnics, like when we were little? So I brought Sunny D.
Madeline: Yeah, that's a no brainer.

Alex: I'm actually allergic to bees, but I don't know what will happen when I get stung.  You may have to take me to the hospital.
Madeline: Really? Can we test it out?

Madeline: I was debating on wether to wear nice shoes or hiking shoes. I almost wore nice shoes, because I didn't really feel like hiking. But I settled on Toms.
Alex: Last time you wore those, you fell down.
Madeline: Exactly. So, maybe we shouldn't hike.
Alex: It's short, we'll just go to a bridge!

Madeline: (Standing on road) Is this the bridge?
Alex: Right here?
Madeline: Yes.
Alex: ... No.

Madeline: Oh, this bridge is actually kind of cool! There is a little river! People's initials are carved in it!  A cafe rio cup is in the water!
Alex: Oh, that was probably from Cody. The birds will make a nest from it!

Alex: Let's race sticks down the river. You have to be really careful which stick you choose, it needs to be really aerodynamic.
Madeline: (breaks stick off branch.) Let's go.
(They drop the sticks off the bridge, Madeline's gets stuck on a rock. Alex's disappears.)
Alex: Ohhhhh... there are too many sticks and rocks for them to get through. It's a dam.
Madeline: I think I won.

Alex: Do you want to go out with me?
Madeline: Where?
Alex: ...To the zoo.
Madeline: Umm....
Alex: No, like go out, like dating...
Madeline: Oh, so like, me and you? You and me? No one else? 
Alex: ... yeah...
Madeline: Sure.

And that's your date recap in some snippets of conversation. Boring? Haters back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment