Monday, July 16, 2012

Just FYI. Flirting 101.

Hey everyone! Today's post is kind of cool, because Cody is going to be podcasting at the SAME TIME that I am posting this. This is happening because on Saturday I sped all the way home to podcast with him, and then the computer deleted every amazing thing I said, and I had to go to my other job. So. Without further ado...


This podcast is about FLIRTING!


(I'll do a date recap later.)


Good ole Wikipedia said flirting is "a sexual activity involving verbal or written communication as well as body language by one person to another, suggesting an interest in a deeper relationship with the other person." So, that's cool.


For me, body language is the most important part. My love language is Quality Time, (we will podcast about that another day!) so I think that's why body language would matter to me. The proximity of the person is really important. When I am flirting with someone, I am usually close to them in some way. Standing close, arms touching, whatever. I think in person flirting is a lot easier than over text or Facebook or what have you... mostly because of one thing. Eye Contact. It's so much easier to connect with someone if you can look into their eyes. Especially if you can't be standing close to them with your arms touching. You see your guy over there talking to some other girl? Catch his eye, and look away. BAM. Love connection. 


Ha ha, just kidding. What do I really know about flirting? If you ask me, flirting is just something that happens naturally. It is not a conscious effort that I make to stand closer to someone. My roommates used to always tease me because I would unconsciously slide closer and closer to the person I liked on the couch. You know, start on one end, end up right next to him? But I didn't mean to. Naturally we are just attracted to people, and we flirt with them. So, my advice is to not think about it. Put yourself in the other person's area or space, and let it come naturally from there. Make eye contact! Be yourself. You can't feel confident in someone you don't know, so don't act like someone different. Girls respond to confidence, and I'm sure it's the same for boys?


Speaking of which, hey boys! (There are some boys podcasting with cody today on a sort of "panel" if you will.) So here are some questions.


1. Do boys respond to confidence just like girls? 
2. What makes you feel comfortable enough around a girl to flirt with her?
3. What makes you think that a girl is flirting with you?
4. What kinds of things to you consider "flirtatious"?
5. What kinds of flirtatious things can girls say to you to get you even more interested? ha ha.


So there you have it! When the boys have spoken, I will post the podcast on this blog. Leave comments about flirting! What do you think about it? How does it really work?


Now go, ask someone out! Hold their hand, because that's always fun. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I never learned how to flirt. I don't think it comes naturally to everyone. I always envied the girls who knew how to flirt.

    ReplyDelete