Wednesday, August 1, 2012

in a relationship, you shouldn't be selfish

This is the newest episode of Datecast! ---> HOW TO HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP

In this most recent episode, Cody and I talk about relationships, and how to have a good one. Since I obviously am at that point in my life where I need to talk about this... it made the most sense. (so, don't take this next weekend's topic personally, Alex... it is what it is.)

Date Recap:

I'm the only one who had a date! Again! Is it just me, or is Cody slacking off? Alex came up and visited me at work. It was really nice of him! He had to drive an hour and a half! We watched fireworks for Utah's holiday Pioneer Day, and then just sat and talked for a while. It was so nice to have some down time! Cody makes some jokes about how I invited my friends on the date with me... and that our first date as a couple was a double date. What really happened was that my friend Kjarinda (Ka-Rin-Da) wanted to go watch the fireworks with her boy, and we decided to do that together! But they left when the fireworks were over. So we really had a lot of time to ourselves. And honestly, I don't remember ever specifying that it was a date. So. It was still fun.

And then... one that we didn't talk about! I got to take Alex with me to the RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING THEME PARK CALLED LAGOON! (It's average at best.) We rode a few rides and hung out with my sisters and friends (which, I'm sure, Cody would not approve of.) But it ended up being a good time. It's always good to spend time together!

Date Debate:

We decided to talk about how to have a good relationship. How to be a good girlfriend/boyfriend kind of deal. We talk about a lot of things, and honestly, this date debate is one of our better ones. The most important points that we discussed were that relationships require you to not be SELFISH! And to treat the other person how you would like to be treated. I don't know... just listen to it.

Also, something that's really fun to do is take the 5 Love Languages Quiz! (you can click on that) This quiz shows how you give and receive love, and if you know that, you should have minimal problems keeping your relationship going. So. Go forth and do.

Take someone on a date! (That means you, Cody)

No comments:

Post a Comment