Friday, July 13, 2012

Stalkers! Bad Dates! Flirting Fails!

Click this for Podcast --> PODCAST!

Alrighty! Time for a recap of our latest podcast. This episode was actually recorded quite a few weeks ago, but our second half interview segment bailed on us which was so totally lame. (I mean, really.) So Cody finally found a chance to use the first half, and that was when I was gone! To make it seem like I was really there! Only it may have been confusing to some of you, who were sure that my next date recap would be about Alex and not some ridiculously boring person... but there you have it. Those were the days of early summer. So, let's recap this thing.

My date with Spencer.

It was alright. It was a blind date, set up by my little sister who thinks I'm a dating failure. (You wait, Olivia. I haven't hit my peak yet. But it is coming! Oh, it is coming.) So, he picked me up, told me that being an Elementary School Teacher was lame (basically...), and drove me to a little place we like to call Boondocks. A.K.A. dumbfamilyfuncenterthathasbadfoodandstuff. We ate pizza, talked about music, and then played arcade games. This was all... fine. But what was annoying was the fact that he wasn't ok with me winning ANYTHING. Now, I'm not a competitive person, but it is a little annoying when someone won't even have the grace to congratulate me on doing well on something. Instead of saying, "Oh, ha ha, I let you do that." ExCUSE me, but no you didn't, mister. I mean, me scoring an extra point in air hockey isn't the end of the world. So, that was that, and we went home, and I decided to never see him again.

Cody's story from this week revolved around him choking when trying to ask Wednesday Night Girl Out. Speaking of which... you'll be hearing from Wednesday Night Girl herself someday in the near future! Get excited! Basically, they have a class together on Wednesday night, and Cody sits next to her and compliments her. They talk and flirt up a storm. And then while packing up to leave class, Wednesday Night Girl is talk talk talking away and Cody blurts out, (in a whisper) (can you blurt in a whisper?) (well, he did.) "What are you doing this weekend?" And Wednesday Night Girl either did not hear him, or decided to ignore it... the jury is still out on that one. But I say didn't hear it!

After our date recaps and flirting fails, we talked about Stalkers!!! Stalkers, in my opinion, are people who are "emotionally invested in something that hasn't happened yet." So, the best way to not be a stalker is to observe signals, and keep control of yourself! Come on, people! Cody's advice to girls on how to help a boy not become a stalker (a.k.a. reject them kindly) comes in three steps.

1. Tell them, "No thanks, why don't you ask someone else?" When asked on a date you don't want to go on.

2. If they try again, say, "I don't like you that way."

3. If they try one more time, say, "Get away from me, you creepy head!" (Or something like that? I forget how Cody words things sometimes.) 

Basically ladies, be honest! And boys, read signals! 

In fact, EVERYONE read signals!! DUH!

podcasting tomorrow! Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment