Wednesday, June 13, 2012

getting to know you, getting to know all about you! (because that's what you do on dates... duh.)

Acknowledging the fact that we have yet to post a new podcast that I can debrief on this here blogging wonder, I thought, hey! Maybe some of you are new! Maybe you would love to know who the heck we even are! Maybe you would like to know if I enjoy sunsets, or if Cody loves remote controlled helicopters! (It's all very exciting, this getting to know you thing.) So, without further ado, I'll give you a short history on each of us!

Madeline

It was in first grade that I had my first boyfriend. His name was James. He gave me a yin yang necklace. He had the yin, I had the yang. (or the other way around? hmm.) Needless to say, it didn't work out, and I buried the necklace and ran away in my little red jacket. I spent most of elementary school building imaginary worlds on the playground, and trying to impress people by kicking soccer balls as hard as possible. I spent afternoons watching Even Stevens and falling madly in love with Shia LaBeouf (a relationship which, sadly, never came to be). Jr. High brought a whole slew of TLC shows that changed my life. Like, What Not To Wear, and Trading Spaces. As I made my way to high school, thinking I was cooler than everyone else, and wondering if I'd get asked to prom with that attitude, I met Cody. No, he didn't ask me to prom. He stayed home and played video games. And made me do his homework. But that's another story altogether. And this story is one about me! So, moving on. I finally got to college, had a first kiss, changed my major, dated a plethora of men, only had a dishwasher for one year, and started a blog and a podcast! My life has really come to its peak. (hopefully not!)

Cody

In Cody's early life, he attended a hoity toity school called "Spectrum" which defined him as a loner for the rest of his life. Thankfully, he moved to new places like Loveland, Colorado, and Chicago, Illinois and gained some sense of normalcy. In high school, Cody was the type of kid who laughed in the face of authority figures, excelled at AP classes, and played video games instead of asking people to dances (too much? sorry). While the rest of us moved around to colleges, Cody became a Janitor and Security guard for a bacon factory, (a very honorable thing. I'm sure he did it because he knew girls love a man in uniform) and dated a girl he hated just to get closer to his real crush (good plan??). After those days, Cody served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Spain, where he visited torture museums, learned to speak Spanish with a lisp, and of course, taught the gospel. Following the mission days, Cody decided to attend a school that he hates, where he is a rebel without a cause, writing papers that are the opposite of what the teacher asked for, and getting in trouble more than he did in high school. He came up with the idea for the dating podcast, and even started a second (lesser known, but I'm sure just as cool, (NO. NOT JUST AS COOL.) podcast on video games. Surprise, surprise.

So there you have it, our quick life synopsis. Keep coming back! Cody and I are recording on Saturday, but I'm sure you'll hear from us more before that... Saturday is like, super far away. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment