Tuesday, June 19, 2012

date recaps and all manner of other dating things

So! Welcome back! Cody DW Scott and I pocasted this weekend, so here is my first ever recap post! (are you excited?  You should be!) Pretty much we talked about my last post that I wrote. So the recapping will be at a minimum for Date Debate! Just read the last post! Woo!

Without further ado, a recap on Date Recap.

So I, Madeline went on a date this last week with a nice young man named Alex. (He's been on the show before! In fact, we have talked about him a lot! You may have to go back and listen for it, it's worth it.) Alex and I have been friends for a while, and we were originally planning a camping trip with friends for this past weekend. But due to extenuating circumstances, we couldn't go, and I was sad. So, Alex asked me on a date for last Thursday, and I said yes! (duh!) The whole thing was a big surprise. All I knew what that I should wear normal clothes, and not eat before hand. So, he came and picked me up, and we went to Winger's for dinner! WINGERS! (it's cool.) And then we drove to his house. HIS HOUSE! (I was surprised.) And he said, "Don't be worried," (I wasn't. I was just surprised.) "I promise it's not weird." So we walked into his backyard and I stumbled upon a campsite! A CAMPSITE! That's right folks, Alex had set up a tent and a fire pit and camp chairs and even a horse shoe game! A HORSE SHOE GAME! (I had previously told him that one of my favorite camping trips involved horse shoes.) I was dying. How wonderful! How creative! How thoughtful! So, I beat him in horse shoes, naturally. We made s'mores, and Alex tried to get me to put a match out with my mouth... which I was much too terrified to do. But he could do it, and that was fun. And then we went inside the tent. Not like that, guys. We went in and what to my wondering eyes did I behold?  A COUCH AND A FLAT SCREEN TV. Yep, you read that right. So we watched a movie, with a sleeping bag as a blanket, and it was just about one of the best dates I have had in a while.

A while ago, Cody and I were podcasting, and he started facebook chatting with this girl named Emily. While I was there! The horror! Like I want to sit there and watch him flirt with some other girl? The nerve of him. So, in a moment of comedy, Cody was typing something hilarious (hilarious to him, it was actually kind of mean...) like, "Just give me your number you crazy girl. I am tired of talking to you about your life! And you are dumb!" (that's just a guess of what it said... I don't really remember.) So we were chuckling, and then he started deleting it, and I just (oops!) reached over and pressed enter before it was all the way deleted. And in a twist of fate, the message ended up saying only, "Just give me your number yo". Needless to say, we ended up laughing so hard we were crying, and she gave him her number. So, he asked her out this past week! They went to an average Mexican restaurant, where Emily validated him by telling him that the salsa was the best she'd had in a while. (it's salsa from a jar, but Emily doesn't need to know that.) (Emily, are you reading this?) Anyway, then they went to the greatest fun spot you'll ever know, Cherry Hill! They went mini-golfing, where she beat him handily, and then messed around at the batting cages, where Cody discovered his hidden talent, and the fact that Emily is horrible at baseball. But they both had a grand time! And Cody would ask her out again!

So that's basically what we talked about, without a few gems of course, because you should still listen to the podcast, which I will link right HERE.

Ask someone for their number, yo! 

2 comments:

  1. i truly love this blog. and that you went on an amazing date that made ME get the butterflies and wish for a summer romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you do! Haha, who knows? Summer romance might be just around the corner.

      Delete