Thursday, October 18, 2012

We go on Double Dates and then we judge you. Who wants to be a part of that??

Well, I know it's been a while, folks, and I promise I have plenty of good reasons and excuses as to why. But for now, here is the newest episode of the podcast!


For this episode, Cody and I asked our "producer" Alex, to help us out. He's been on the podcast a couple times, and is OBVIOUSLY a crowd favorite. I mean, why wouldn't he be? He is really really good at... making fun of Cody... and giving dating advice of course.

Alright, alright, Alex is my boyfriend, so I'm pretty biased. But we came up with a new idea for the podcast, so I promise I wasn't just bringing him on for my own prejudiced purposes. We decided one night that we were going to go on double dates with people, just to observe them, and then talk about it on the podcast. This was a result of going mini-golfing one night, and catching a couple totally using the whole, "wait, how do you swing the club?" gag, which results in the boy putting his arms around the girl and blah blah blah... and we wondered, is that NORMAL?? And so began the idea.

We went on a date with Alex's roommate and girl he has been pursuing. Mini-golfing... you know, just in case the same thing happened. But alas, it was actually pretty boring. The most exciting thing that happened was that they sword fought with their clubs, which I guess could be fun, but Alex and I are too mature to enjoy? Well.

So, we decided to give you all some Double Dating Tips! Or, Double-D as Cody would prefer we all call it. Take that as you will. 

1. Drive separately! It's so awkward to have the double door step scene. Plus, you get extra special car time to get to know each other without another couple observing you.

2. Try to go on a date with couples at the same stage in their relationship as you. You'll both feel more comfortable around each other, with similar PDA levels and all that... However, if you're looking for a shallow make-out date, you may as well go out with a couple you know will be all over each other, because odds are, your date will get pressured into doing the same with you. (Cody's advice, not mine.)

3. Be interactive! I know we stress that a lot, but it's so helpful while dating. There are many more opportunities to get to know each other, flirt a little... that kind of thing.

Well... those are the main points I recall discussing, but as usual, the podcast has a lot more witty banter, good advice (from me), and weird ideas about dating (from Cody), so go ahead and take a listen! 

You can find us at the website linked above, on itunes, and join our group on facebook DW Datecast. Cody can be followed on twitter @DatecastCody, I can be followed @shor_t_rose, and datecast updates and funny sarcastic nuances can be found @DWDatecast. Thanks for reading, listening, or even just browsing!

Peace out, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment